Mar 10, 2015

March with Gossamer Blue!

Hi all! There are many new things in the works around here which partly explains my absence. Not all creative and craft related but I'm slowing getting use to the idea of transitioning my time else where - and with school and teaching winding down in the next 2 months, it seems time to welcome some new challenges! 

But first I have the March Gossamer Blue kit to share! I have to say that the collection of papers in the main kit, while not the typical sought after colors of Spring, are quite sweet and cute. Lot's of bold black and white graphics with grey and pink florals blended in. It's not an over the top pastel Spring kit but rather a more grown up polished Spring kit! I loved the paper and wanted to make a few small projects like these embellished handmade envelopes!


 The kids are all set for Spring break next week and I thought it might be a cute idea to give the teachers a gift of little envelopes containing packets of seeds to plant over their break. We chose easy to grow seeds packets and a few packets of flowers and then made these super easy sewn envelopes with some graph paper. Add a chalk board marker and assemble a few tags together and you have a thoughtful gift! 
 
 I love some of the products that Pink Paislee has out this season -like these clip on metal charms. They are a fabulous addition to not only scrapbooking and little mini albums but I used an extra diamond shaped charm for a necklace. I'm calling these 'Flea Market Charms' since they are a mix of found and collected objects.

 and because it's not Spring unless there are a few flowers! I've had this vintage embroidery hoop tucked away in my craft closet for years and recently found it while doing some Spring cleaning. Alaina got a peek of this petite wreath while I was assembling it and promptly claimed it as hers. I have a sneaking suspicion that the kids hang out with me towards the end of the month, to see what they can stake their claim on while I create projects with each of the kits! I'm really loving the black and white with a dainty flowers!
I have another post for the Gossamer blog later on this month but here's a sneak peek - my most favorite projects - tiny mini books! 


Thanks for stopping in tonight and have a lovely rest of the day!! 
xo ~ tara 

2 comments:

Laura Rahel said...

Ohhh girl, I am super loving what you did with the March GB kits. So gosh darn lovely! I'm feeling so inspired now!!

Jamie said...

Beautiful! Your work is simply gorgeous and very inspiring! I'm so glad to have found your blog! Your work is unique, it has a vintage/retro/elegant feel to it- if that makes since:)